Human Rights Law
Trek Law has been engaged in numerous human rights cases and human rights regulatory compliance matters.
Our team, with nearly two decades of experience in human rights, helps clients navigate increasingly complex human rights issues.
We advise on regulatory and litigation risks, as well as implementation of the UN guiding principles on Human Rights. Key aspects of our practice include designing human rights policies and compliance systems and advising on human rights-related internal and external litigation. In Pakistan jurisdiction, following are fundamental rights guaranteed by the constitution which are dealt by our team of human rights experts;
- Protection of life and liberty
- Safeguards as to arrest and detention
- Slavery, forced labour etc., prohibited
- Protection against retrospective punishment
- Protection against double punishment and self-incrimination
- Inviolability of dignity of man, etc.
- Freedom of movement, etc.
- Freedom of assembly
- Freedom of association
- Freedom of trade, business or profession
- Freedom of speech, etc.
- Freedom to profess religion and to manage religious institutions
- Safeguards against taxation for purposes of any particular religion
- Safeguards as to educational institutions in respect of religion, etc.
- Provision as to property
- Protection of property rights
- Equality of citizens
- Non-discrimination in respect of access to public places
- Safeguard against non-discrimination in services
- Preservation of language, script and culture